Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel is currently accepting applications for multiple positions. We are looking for motivated individuals seeking a career in the industry. Stop by and pick up an application today.
Available positions can change on a daily basis but we always accept applications for the Restaurant, Player’s Club, and Cage. Please contact Human Resources for an up-to-date list.
Download, Print, and Complete an Employment Application
Click Here for the Employment Application
Job Title: Hotel Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Front Desk, Room Attendants, Laundry Staff, Housekeeping Staff
Open July 3, 2017 until filled
We are looking for an experienced Hotel Manager to oversee the daily operations of our hotel as well as provide strategic direction. You will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business.
It is important for the hotel manager to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations. You will be just as responsible for dealing with complaints as for strategizing and preparing reports. You will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors.
The hotel manager must be able to guide and communicate with the employees to work as a well-functioning team. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation.
The goal is to enhance customer dedication and expand our clientele by strengthening our hotel’s reputation.
- Supervise and evaluate work at all levels (receptionists, room attendants, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives for a 61 room facility with a swimming pool,
- Plan policies and procedures for staff, along with activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Cross train with other staff to sufficiently support service standards
- Maintain a strict level of confidentiality regarding company, customer information.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- Manage customer and client data base along with knowledge of on line travel agencies or other resources to attract more clients and increase profits.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Minimum of 3 years of Hotel Manager Experience or relevant role
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Understands and dealt with budgets, how to formulate and work within a budget
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field