Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel is currently accepting applications for multiple positions. We are looking for motivated individuals seeking a career in the industry. Stop by and pick up an application today.
Available positions can change on a daily basis but we always accept applications for the Restaurant, Player’s Club, and Cage. Please contact Human Resources for an up-to-date list.
Download, Print, and Complete an Employment Application
Click Here for the Employment Application
Job Title: Valet Attendant (5)
Department: Valet / Coat Check
Reports To: Valet Manager
Date: July 20, 2017 Closing Date: July 26, 2017
Greeting Guests, Parking and retrieving vehicles, maintaining keys for guests. Responsible for filing of claim paperwork. Working with Coat Check Staff. Ensuring overall guest satisfaction.
- Must have Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to be pre-screened and approved to be an insured driver under the Eastern Shoshone
- When submitting application must also submit a Motor Vehicle Record which can be obtained from the DMV Office.
- Must be able to drive all types of vehicles (Manual/Automatic).
- Must follow all driving guidelines issued by the Eastern Shoshone Tribe.
- The Applicant must be 21 years of age or older and must not have the following on their motor vehicle report for the last five (5) years:
- No Valid Driver’s License
- Suspended Denied or
revoked Driver’s License (within last three (3) years)
- Two or more suspensions with reinstatements
- Two or More at Fault accidents
- Three or more moving violations
- Any combination of three or more moving violations, at fault accidents and suspension with reinstatements
- Applicants must not have any of the following major violations:
- Operating under the influence of intoxicant or controlled substance (DUI) (DWI)
- Failure to stop and report when involved in an accident that resulted in bodily injury to any person
- Vehicular manslaughter or assault
- Operating a vehicle during license revocation or suspension
- Operating vehicle without the permission of the owner
- Operating a vehicle while used in commission of a felony
- Racing or speed contest
- Attempting to elude a police officer
- Youthful underage passenger with open container
- Reckless or careless driving
- Driving on wrong side of highway
- Hit and Run
- Greeting Customers in a friendly manner
- Parking Vehicles in designated Valet area.
- Retrieving Vehicles in a timely manner.
- Maintaining Keys for guests.
- Maintain Claim Paperwork
- Assisting guests in and out of their vehicles
- May Require helping guests take baggage into the hotel.
- Holding the front doors open
- Promote the players club and recruit new members.
- Assisting the Coat Staff as needed.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Must adhere to Shoshone Rose Casino’s Code of Ethics.
Work is going to be performed in an outdoor setting with exposure to all elements of the weather. When assisting the Coat Staff the work will be performed in a casino setting with exposure to second hand smoke and high noise levels. Evening, grave, weekend, and holidays may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand or walk for extended periods of time, may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs. Due to the nature of this job Employee will be required to run for the vehicles to make sure they are returned as soon as possible, may be asked to perform a Fitness Test.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Human Resources Assistant; Human Resources Coordinator(?)
Date: Revised 12-14-2016
Position Opening July 21, 2017 Position Closing August 11, 2017
POSITION SUMMARY: The human resource manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of employee relation services and the human resource function.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel. Develops policies and procedures consistent with organizational values and goals.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, training, objectives and systems.
- Implements, annually updates, and rewrites job descriptions as necessary; implements the performance evaluation program, monitors and revises it as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook on policies and procedures; develops, and implements Standard Operating Procedures for the human resource department.
- Recognizes potential employee relations issues in a proactive manner and either resolves the issue or moves the concern to senior leadership. Assists the General Manager with personnel-related issues.
- Performs benefit administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, presenting invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies and practices for cost-effectiveness.
- Adheres to the Resolution of the Shoshone Tribe Wind River Indian Reservation giving Shoshone Preference at the Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel. Maintains records, reports, and logs to conform to the preference of the Eastern Shoshone Tribe.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements utilizing a variety of sources; works with management to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; monitors the onboarding process; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors employee development efforts and employee relations counseling; conducts terminations and exit interviews.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Prepares and generates employee surveys when needed, compensation analysis, personnel statistics, regulatory compliance/investigative summaries, and general, periodic informational updates. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with Tribal/State Compact, Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Tribal Internal Control System, Tribal Regulations and all applicable Tribal, federal, state and local employment laws.
- HR Expertise: The knowledge of principles, practices and functions of effective human resource management. Possesses the knowledge needed to design, enact, evaluate, and maintain sound human resource management practices.
- Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support the organization. Maintains and promotes productive interpersonal work relationships. Provides basic information for resolution of conflicts. Recognizes potential employee relations issues in a proactive manner and either resolves the issue or moves the concern to senior leaders.
- Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with employees, senior leadership and the Shoshone Rose Business Council. Produces accurate reports and documents.
- Cultural Awareness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties. Effectively and respectfully interact with co-workers, customers, and vendors of varying ethnicity, backgrounds and cultures.
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan. Is able to understand business operations and functions, the organization’s external environment, and how HR management practices contribute to core business functions.
- Critical Evaluation: The ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations. Is able to collect useful information, effectively analyze, interpret and provide data to support decision making process.
- Consultation: The ability to provide guidance to other leaders and employees regarding HR policies and practices, as well as business challenges. Provides summary of pertinent facts and information to mid-level and senior leaders.
- Leadership & Navigation: The ability to direct and contribute to initiatives and processes (e.g. motivation, project management, change management, goal-setting, and workforce planning) within the organization. Acts consistently with and represents the positive culture of the organization and manages programs, policies and procedures to support this work culture.
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices. Establish themselves as credible and trustworthy, maintaining awareness of ethics laws, standards, legislation and trends, and ensuring confidentiality and privacy of employee information and company data.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; the employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires extended hours and weekend work to meet job demands.
Required Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and five years of human resource experience, or six years of experience in the HR field.
Preferred Education, and Eligibility Qualifications
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential earned within two years of employment.
Ethical Behavior: Position requires that the applicant adhere to Shoshone Rose Casino’s Code of Ethics. Confidentiality must be maintained in all situations.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gaming License. Must submit to drug testing requirements.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Title: Hotel Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Front Desk, Room Attendants, Laundry Staff, Housekeeping Staff
Open July 3, 2017 until filled
We are looking for an experienced Hotel Manager to oversee the daily operations of our hotel as well as provide strategic direction. You will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business.
It is important for the hotel manager to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations. You will be just as responsible for dealing with complaints as for strategizing and preparing reports. You will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors.
The hotel manager must be able to guide and communicate with the employees to work as a well-functioning team. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation.
The goal is to enhance customer dedication and expand our clientele by strengthening our hotel’s reputation.
- Supervise and evaluate work at all levels (receptionists, room attendants, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives for a 61 room facility with a swimming pool,
- Plan policies and procedures for staff, along with activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Cross train with other staff to sufficiently support service standards
- Maintain a strict level of confidentiality regarding company, customer information.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- Manage customer and client data base along with knowledge of on line travel agencies or other resources to attract more clients and increase profits.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Minimum of 3 years of Hotel Manager Experience or relevant role
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Understands and dealt with budgets, how to formulate and work within a budget
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field