Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel is currently accepting applications for multiple positions. We are looking for motivated individuals seeking a career in the industry. Stop by and pick up an application today.
Available positions can change on a daily basis but we always accept applications for the Restaurant, Player’s Club, and Cage. Please contact Human Resources for an up-to-date list.
Download, Print, and Complete an Employment Application
Click Here for the Employment Application
Job Opening April 2, 2018 Job Open Until Filled
Job Title: Security Officer
Reports To: Security Manager
Perform a variety of escort tasks including escorting money to and from the Cashier’s cage and various departments on the property. Escort personnel during drug testing procedure.
Previous experience in Security, Law Enforcement or Armed Services preferred
CPR certification and First Aid training preferred. Must be able to deal with various levels of personality traits and maintain self control. Must conduct oneself in a professional and efficient manner during interaction with people. Must have integrity and a basic desire to protect and serve. Must have good customer service skills. Must be 21 years of age, submit an MVR driving record for the last 5 years, submit to drug testing, fingerprinting and be able to obtain a Gaming License.
- Provide verification when performing inventory checks on specified orders that are delivered to the property
- Patrol the entire casino/hotel premises and maintain order, enforce regulation
- Ensure the observance of applicable law
- Assist/escort guests
- Warn or eject troublemakers, caution careless persons
- Assist Management and Enforcement officer in emergency situations
- Assist and work harmoniously with allied agencies
- Conduct investigation of crimes and injury accidents
- Prepare written reports documenting investigations of specified incidents
- Respond to medical situations of all types and provides First Aid as necessary
- Comply with Tribal/State Compact, Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Tribal Internal Control System, tribal Regulations, and all applicable Tribal Federal, and State Laws.
- Other job related duties as assigned
Candidate must adhere to Shoshone Rose Casino’s Code of Ethics.
Work is generally performed in the casino setting with exposure to second hand smoke and high noise levels. Shift work is a definite, some weekends, and holidays may be required and can be expected.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand or walk for extended periods of time, may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Position Opens April 18, 2018 Position Closes April 24, 2018
Job Title: Hotel Front Desk/Night Auditor
Reports To: Hotel Manager
Salary: $11.00 – $ 12.00 hourly
Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel is looking for a Front Desk/Night Auditor to conduct all nightly audit-related duties while providing guest service at the hotel’s front desk. Audit responsibilities include nightly balancing duties, daily paperwork, Tracks room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics, and shift reports. While completing these duties, the Night Auditor will attend to guest needs such as guest check-in/check-outs, reservations, and attending to guest questions and needs. Run end of day process/Night audit process on the property management software (Maestro).
If hired a detailed technical skills and service training document will be reviewed and a request will be made of the employee to sign and acknowledge technical and service training standards and expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Processes guest charges voucher and credit card vouchers.
- Posts guest charge purchase transactions not posted by the front office cashier.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Prepares nightly statistic reports for management team
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Understands billing procedures of on line travel agents and third part booking engines. Able to set up folios as required.
- Monitors the current status of coupon, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Summarizes results of operations for management by creating exception resorts when applicable.
- Executes end of day procedure.
- Run end of day process in property management software Maestro
- Understands principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Knows how to operate PMS, and other front office equipment.
- Understands and knows how to perform check-in and check-out procedures and all other front desk tasks and processes.
- This position works overnight on the grave yard shift.
- Acts as manager on duty.
The above description reflects the general details considered to describe the principle functions of the job. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Hotel Management reserves the right to alter the above requirements at any time.
Criteria for Evaluation:
Night auditors will be evaluated and coached regularly based on quality and quantity of work performed, attendance and punctuality records, courtesy towards Guests, relations with other staff members, reliability, compliance with all Shoshone Rose Casino/Hotel policies, grooming and dress guidelines, safety and sanitation standards, security procedures and guidelines, and initiative.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred with a concentration in accounting.
Experience: Minimum one year of hotel front desk experience or customer service related field, skilled in handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks. Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft office focusing on excel and building data spreadsheets and summaries.
Physical: Requires standing for long periods of time and on occasion may be asked to lift and carry up to 40 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, it may be also required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Employee must adhere to Shoshone Rose Casino’s Code of Ethics.
Work is generally performed in an office or casino/hotel setting with exposure to second hand smoke and high noise levels. Evenings, grave, weekends and holidays most likely will be required.