Lander, WY Employment Opportunities
Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel is currently accepting applications for multiple positions. We are looking for motivated individuals seeking a career in the industry.
Available positions will be posted as they open. Applications for the Restaurant, Snack Bar, Player’s Club, Environmental Services and Hotel Staff are always accepted.
Download, Print, and Complete an Employment Application
Click here for an application
Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Department: F & B
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises: All F & B Staff
Opening Date: 3/31/2021 Closing Date: Until Filled
Oversees all Food & Beverage operations; 60 seat restaurant, full service snack bar, and special event catering within the casino. Is responsible for all hiring, training and supervising all F & B staff. Manages budget, inventory, and menu development.
7 years of culinary experience with at least 4 years in a supervisory role. Must have knowledge and familiarity of proper food handling and sanitation. Menu development experience is preffered. Must have strong organizational and communication skills. Must be capable in training and directing staff at all levels of experience effectively. Must be able to identify strategic issues, safety issues and prioritize their workload. Must be Serve Safe Certified or be able to be certified upon hire. Applicant should be sensitive to working in a diverse, constant changing environment. Drug test and background check will be conducted to obtain a gaming license.
Responsible for hiring, terminating, training and scheduling of all department staff.
Must lead, coach and direct cooks through all daily routine duties to ensure consistency and quality of food.
Practice and Enforce Shoshone Rose Casino F & B policies and procedures.
Complete administrative tasks timely.
Enforce proper food handling and storage procedures by all personnel as approved by the WY Dept of Ag.
Responsible for overall department safety practices, cleanliness and sanitation.
Responsible for booking, catering and staffing all special events and meetings within the conference rooms.
Will cater special marketing events and functions within the casino and conference rooms.
Oversight of payroll timecards, monitoring staff levels and scheduling of staff.
May be required to submit monthly reports to the Gaming Commission or provide reports upon request with regard to staff details and positions.
Must order, track and budget for all department inventory.
Responsible for ordering costs, timely delivery and budget.
Shall monitor effectiveness of all employees and be able to address any issues while understanding varying levels of staff expereince.
All other duties and responsibilities pertaining to this administrative position as directed by the General Manager.
Must adhere to Shoshone Rose Casino’s Code of Ethics.
Work is generally performed in the casino setting with exposure to second hand smoke and high noise levels. Evenings, graveyards, weekends, and holidays may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand or walk for extended periods of time, may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift up to 30 lbs.
Position Open May 2, 2019 Position Open Until Filled
Job Title: General Manager
Department: Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel
Reports To: Shoshone Business Council (SBC)
Supervises: Casino Employees
Positions: Full Time
Salary: $ 90 k – $120 k Negotiable Contract
The General Manager must have the ability to actively maximize gross gaming revenue and corresponding EBITDA using exceptional leadership skills, while assuring fair and equitable application of policies and procedures, as well as leading by example to create a positive team spirit and foster positive employee morale.
The General Manager is responsible for all administrative functions and daily operations of the Shoshone Rose Casino Hotel, including related ancillary activities. The General Manager oversees key gaming and executive level personnel through day-to-day operations oversight and is responsible for all internal controls and procedures to ensure protection of company assets and enforcement of Shoshone Rose Casino Hotel policies and procedures. The General Manager ensures all business goals are met and the integrity of all Tribal gaming operations is maintained.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Develop strategies and execute activities to drive and continually improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital efficiencies, and to grow overall Shoshone Rose Casino Hotel revenues.
- Plan, direct, monitor and control daily operations of the Shoshone Rose Casino Hotel through organizational directors, supervisors, and managers.
- Develop and implement current and long-range operational goals, objectives, plans and policies for approval by the Shoshone Business Council.
- Set expectations and hold the Shoshone Rose Casino Hotel management team accountable for implementing strategy and brand initiatives.
- Continuously challenge management team to improve operations.
- Human Resources:
- Set expectations to hire, develop, and retain a top-performing management team by reinforcing the need for strong functional expertise, creativity, and entrepreneurial leadership in the operation.
- Focus on building teams to deliver results.
- Maximize tribal hiring preference through proactive methods.
- Develop and implement goals and objectives to provide Tribal employment and personnel development to include training and promoting Tribal members.
- Hire, discipline, and terminate employees.
- Provide training opportunities, recommend merit increases, evaluate performances, create and adjust performance standards, oversee staff scheduling, invoke disciplinary actions, including the suspension and termination of employees, and provide for the fair and equitable treatment of all employees.
- Financial Management:
- Oversee the annual operating budget, including capital expenditures, to achieve or exceed budget expectations for the Shoshone Rose Casino Hotel.
- Prepare and review business plans and operating budgets, coordinate development, and monitor results of actual performance versus the annual budget.
- Ensure successful performance by maximizing profitability and providing a return on investment for owners.
- Encourage all team members to identify opportunities to gain efficiencies, increase profits, and create value.
- Tribal Relations:
- The General Manager reports to the Shoshone Business Council.
- Inform, advise, and confer with the Shoshone Business Council regarding all matters pertinent to their oversight responsibilities.
- Develop trusting and respectful business partnerships by communicating effectively with the Shoshone Business Council and meeting or exceeding performance expectations.
- Comply with all laws of Eastern Shoshone Tribe and with all applicable Federal laws.
- Gaming Regulatory Commission; Compliance:
- Develop a professional and respectful relationship with the Eastern Shoshone Gaming Regulatory Commission and work in tandem with the Commission to protect assets of the Shoshone Rose Casino Hotel and the Tribe.
- Ensure operational compliance with documented Commission-approved policies and procedures, Tribal Minimum Internal Control Standards, the State/Tribal compact, debt obligations, and any other pertinent compliance requirements.
- Marketing; Public Relations; Guest Relations:
- Oversee Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel marketing programs to ensure proper and cost-effective promotional activities are developed and coordinated to produce results in alignment with budgetary projections.
- Develop and monitor public relations policies designed to promote image of Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel and build brand awareness and guest loyalty.
- Ensure development and implementation of an ongoing marketing plan.
- Focus the management team on delivering services and products to meet or exceed guest expectations and to increase guest loyalty.
- Additional Skills:
- Language Skills: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication using English.
- Reasoning Ability: Make recommendations, beyond the scope of essential duties, which may positively or negatively impact the operations of other departments.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must be able to obtain a valid Eastern Shoshone Tribal Gaming License. Must not have any suspended/revoked professional license or suspended/revoked gaming license from any jurisdiction, either tribal, local, state, or federal.
- Work Environment: Essential duties involve working with large numbers of people while primarily in an inside environment, which is frequently loud or contains high noise levels. Some inside locations are heavily-filled with cigarette smoke.
- Perform all other duties as assigned within the scope of work.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
- GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
- Prefer five (5) years of demonstrated, broad-based operational success in a Senior Executive Management position in the gaming industry with at least three (3) of those years in the capacity of General Manager in a casino property with at least 300 machines, with 500 machines preferred.
- Will consider four (4) years demonstrated, broad-based operational success in a Senior Executive Management position in the gaming industry with at least five (5) years in a key executive position with responsibilities equivalent to an Assistant General Manager in a casino property with at least 300 machines, with 500 machines preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of casino operations and extensive knowledge of Class III gaming.
- Demonstrated effective and diplomatic customer service and communication skills, which will include contacts with employees, customers, the Shoshone Business Council, and other regulatory officials.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and make operational, financial, and budgetary decisions based on financial reports to drive the organization to meet and exceed business goals.
- Familiarity with hotel operations, occupancy, and rate strategies.
- Able to obtain and maintain a gaming license in accordance with regulations established by the Eastern Shoshone Gaming Regulatory Commission.
- Knowledge of complex laws, regulations, and guidelines governing casino and hotel operations, tribal law, and Native American casinos.
- Display cultural competence and operate effectively within a multi-cultural setting.
- Knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to learn, Tribal Gaming Ordinances, State/Tribal Compact, Minimum Control Standards, Tribal Minimum Internal Control Standards, and Gaming Commission-approved policies and procedures related to gaming and hotel operations.
- Ability to act as a liaison to local government and other interested parties to maintain a positive relationship and possess the communication skills to establish and maintain relationships with State and Federal officials governing casino operations.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to build and maintain business and organizational relationships.
- Possess significant, demonstrated leadership ability, organizational and strategic agility, and the ability to build, lead and motivate teams.
- Ability to handle busy and stressful situations.
- Willing to be flexible with shifts and days off.
- Ability to maintain ongoing confidentiality.
- May be required to pass a skills assessment test to determine that the candidate meets the minimum qualifications of the position.
- Experience in coaching and developing candidates into organizational leadership positions is a plus.
- Ability to work in a smoking environment.
All Candidates must adhere to Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel, Personnel Handbook, SOP’s, Gaming Regulations and Code of Ethics.
Work is generally performed in or around a casino environment, office or front desk setting with exposure to second hand smoke and high noise levels. Working evenings, graveyards, weekends, and holidays may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS WHILE EXECUTING JOB DUTIES:
- Employees are regularly required to talk, hear, listen and follow directives.
- Employees may stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time, may be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employees are repeatedly required to reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, controls or office equipment.
- Employees specific vision abilities required by the this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- The noise level is usually moderate increasing to loud when on the casino floor.
- The employee may be required to lift up to 30-50 lbs by self.
- Employee must be able to operate equipment or execute job in mentally and physically stressful situations.
SHOSHONE ROSE CASINO & HOTEL BENEFITS;
Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Employment Mobility, Employee Discounts
Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel, is an equal opportunity employer, is committed to the principle of diversity and affirmatively encourage Eastern Shoshone Tribal members, Veterans and other ethnicities to apply.