Lander, WY Employment Opportunities
Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel is currently accepting applications for multiple positions. We are looking for motivated individuals seeking a career in the gaming and hospitality industry.
Available positions will be posted as they open. Applications for the Restaurant, Snack Bar, Player’s Club, Environmental Services and Hotel Staff are always accepted.
Download, Print, and Complete an Employment Application
Click here for an application
Currently accepting new applications for Cooks, Servers, Hotel Housekeepers, and Security.
Great starting wages and benefits.
Additional Positions are available below.
Job Title: Hotel Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Positions: Full Time Salary
Supervises: Front Desk, Room Attendants, Laundry Staff, Housekeeping Staff
Salary: DOE $ 45K-$ 60K
We are looking for an experienced Hotel Manager to oversee the daily operations of our hotel as well as provide strategic direction. The ideal candidate must be creative, resourceful and possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment. The Hotel Manager has commercial accountability for planning, organizing and directing all services for a 61 room hotel with a swimming pool and hot tub. This position supervises front of house functions such as reception, reservations, and housekeeping. The Hotel Manger must take a strategic overview and plan ahead to maximize profits. This position must also pay attention to details setting the example for staff to deliver a strand of service and presentation that exceeds guest’s needs and expectations. Must be at least 18 years of age to be on the gaming floor, submit to drug testing, fingerprinting, background check, and be able to obtain a Gaming License or Work Permit.
- Minimum of 3 years of Hotel Manager Experience or relevant role
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving, ability to manage and lead a staff of employees
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Must understand yield management best practices
- Understands and experience with budgets, how to formulate and work within a budget
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail and work with other managers on property
- Prefer Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
Responsibilities: (These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Will oversee sales effort, must have demonstrated history working with key sales channels; destination marketing and tourism organizations, tour and motor coach operators, chambers and government agencies, OTA’s. Ability to develop small business and corporate accounts.
- Supervise and evaluate work at all levels (receptionists, room attendants, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives for a 61 room facility with a swimming pool,
- Plan policies and procedures for staff, along with activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance and management issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Cross train with other staff to sufficiently support service standards
- Maintain a strict level of confidentiality regarding company, customer information.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- Manage customer and client data base along with knowledge of on line travel agencies or other resources to attract more clients and increase profits.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Property is open 365 days per year. Position includes weekend responsibilities and staff coverage.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
All Candidates must adhere to Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel, Personnel Handbook, SOP’s and Code of Ethics.
Work is generally performed in or around a casino environment, office or front desk setting with exposure to second hand smoke and high noise levels. Working evenings, graveyards, weekends, and holidays may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS WHILE EXECUTNG JOB DUTIES:
- Employees are regularly required to talk, hear, listen and follow directives.
- Employees may stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time, may be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employees are repeatedly required to reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, controls or office equipment.
- Employees specific vision abilities required by the this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- The noise level is usually moderate increasing to loud when on the casino floor.
- The employee may be required to lift up to 30-50 lbs by self.
- Employee must be able to operate equipment or execute job in mentally and physically stressful situations.
SHOSHONE ROSE CASINO & HOTEL BENIFITS;
Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Employment Mobility, Various Shift Work, Employee Discounts.
Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel, is an equal opportunity employer, is committed to the principle of diversity and affirmatively encouraging Eastern Shoshone Tribal members, Veterans, and other ethnicities to apply.